The many editions of BOOKMARKS PLUS provide students with essential knowledge of the book: title, author info, publication date, genre, story premise, descriptions of main characters, and setting. Each edition also contains a "Words to Know" section, which students can refer to as they come across difficult words. Some even feature a list of words, along with their definitions, that are specific to the setting.
BOOKMARKS PLUS come 5 to a page, front to back, so you can print as many as you like for as long as you like with only a minimal initial investment! The bookmarks are also provided in both a color version and a black and white version.
NOTE: The 25 "Words to Know" vocabulary words on the bookmarks are the same words covered in my SUMMER OF THE MONKEYS synonym/antonym crossword. See list below.
Also, the same 25 words are part of my SUMMER OF THE MONKEYS Prereading Crossword Puzzle, which familiarizes students with 50 challenging words before they read. See list below.
ELEMENTARY EDITIONS OF BOOKMARKS PLUS
* A Day No Pigs Would Die
* The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
* Because of Winn-Dixie
* Bridge to Terabithia
* Bud, Not Buddy
* The Cay
* Dead End in Norvelt
* The Devil’s Arithmetic
* The Egypt Game
* Esperanza Rising
* Found, Book 1: The Missing
* Freak the Mighty
* In the Year of the Boar and Jackie Robinson
* Island of the Blue Dolphins
* Jacob Have I Loved
* Julie of the Wolves
* Lupita Manana
* Maniac Magee
* The Midwife’s Apprentice
* Missing May
* Moon Over Manifest
* The Night Tourist
* Number the Stars
* One Crazy Summer
* The Pinballs
* Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry
* Running Out of Time
* Sarah, Plain and Tall
* Shakespeare’s Secret
* Shooting the Moon
* The Sign of the Beaver
* Sing Down the Moon
* A Single Shard
* Summer of the Monkeys
* The Summer of the Swans
* The Tale of Despereaux
* The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle
* Tuck Everlasting
* The Watsons Go to Birmingham—1963
* When You Reach Me
* When Zachary Beaver Came to Town
* Where the Red Fern Grows
* The Whipping Boy
* A Wrinkle in Time
Don't see a bookmark for your favorite title? Contact me through TPT, and I’ll create one for you!
Below are my fun and unique products over SUMMER OF THE MONKEYS. View all 15 in my store!
• Bookmarks Plus: SUMMER OF THE MONKEYS edition—A Handy Reading Aid! Helps students keep track of characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more! Students and teachers alike are delighted with these handy reading aids!
• SUMMER OF THE MONKEYS Trivia Game ThemeQuotes games are the only games that link famous, value-promoting quotations to the themes of the books you teach! Students work in teams to play this cross between Wheel of Fortune™ and Trivia Pursuit™ game! 237 questions!
• SUMMER OF THE MONKEYS: 50-word Prereading Crossword Helps prepare students for reading the book! Use with the Summer Of The Monkeys edition of Bookmarks Plus and the Summer Of The Monkeys Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words!
• SUMMER OF THE MONKEY: Synonym/Antonym Crossword—Use with Bookmarks Plus! Students decipher common terms from the novel! The puzzle can be challenging, but, as with all crosswords, almost every time they enter a correct answer, they are provided with clues for the next.
• SUMMER OF THE MONKEYS: 10 Word Merges—One “Word” Becomes Two! Two-word phrases from the story are blended into one “word.” Students decipher the phrases. Harder than it sounds, but a good spelling workout!
• SUMMER OF THE MONKEYS: 11 Cryptograms—Encoded Similes from the Novel! Students decode quotations from the story! Each cryptogram puzzle has its own code. Who doesn’t love a code?
• SUMMER OF THE MONKEYS: 4 Book-Based Word Searches! Categories: Non-Huggable Creatures; Onomatopoeia; Daisy’s Playhouse; At the Still
• SUMMER OF THE MONKEYS: 5 Fill-In Word Puzzles—Good Trial-and-Error Workout! Students enter common words from the story into the puzzle grid, based on the number of letters in the word. The puzzle can be challenging, but each time students enter a correct answer, they are provided with clues for the next.
• SUMMER OF THE MONKEYS: 5 Fractured Maxim Word Puzzles Students rearrange “tiles” to form wise sayings that relate to the themes of the book. Requires students to use their knowledge of the story as well as their knowledge of theme, spelling, phonics, vocabulary, and language!
• SUMMER OF THE MONKEYS: 6 Cryptocategory Word Puzzles—Unique! Students decode lists of categorized words from the book! Categories: Names & Minor Characters; Locations; Landmarks; Grandpa; The Trip to Tahlequah; In the Bottoms;
• SUMMER OF THE MONKEYS: 9 Quotefall Word Puzzles—Unique! Each quotefall is a quotation from the story. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from above the double line of the puzzle grid to squares in the columns directly below. Quotefalls can be challenging, but students love working them—and they’re great spelling workouts!
• SUMMER OF THE MONKEYS: Anagram Crossword Puzzle—Challenging! Students decipher common terms from the novel! The puzzle can be challenging, but, as with all crosswords, almost every time they enter a correct answer, they are provided with clues for the next.
• SUMMER OF THE MONKEYS: Character and Narrative Quotations Crossword Students use their knowledge of the story as well as their spelling and reasoning skills to figure out what word goes in the blank!
• SUMMER OF THE MONKEYS: Figurative Language Crossword—Fun and Unique! Students use their knowledge of the story, their knowledge of language, and their imaginations to complete these clues. All are examples of similes, metaphors, hyperbole, etc., from the story! A great way to approach figurative language!
• SUMMER OF THE MONKEYS: 12 Theme-Related Quotations + Teaching Ideas Well-researched, thought-provoking quotations by some of history’s greatest thinkers—each quotation relates to a theme in the book!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!