Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
This kit is a bulletin board that encourages the students to read, especially during the summer vacation. This board is to be made by both the students and the teacher. It is a tree trunk being surrounded by fruits and leaves.
Each three leaves and three fruits make a set which can be printed on a separate A4 sheet. There are tasks on the leaves and fruits for the student to respond to after reading a book. The student then colors the inner side of the boundaries of the image after cutting them. The teacher hangs this set around the tree. The more responses coming from students, the bigger the tree will be.
These sets of leaves and fruits can be given to the students to work on during the summer vacation, so the first thing to be done next year is to prepare the tree of reading. Teachers can cooperate where the teacher of this year starts the project and the teacher of next year finishes it.
How it works:
• The teacher prepares the trunk of the tree and hangs it on the wall.
• The teacher prints one or more copy of the leaves and fruits set for each student
• The teacher can choose whether to print the labeled set with ready to respond to tasks, or the blank set so the teacher can set his/her own tasks
• The student reads a book and responds to the tasks on the image, and then color it and cut all around the edges
• The student brings back the set ready to hang around the tree
• The teacher can discuss the work of the student before hanging it
Each of the following is available in both PDF and jpeg formats.
• 18 images which together make the trunk of the tree
• Three leaves and three fruits image being labeled
• Three leaves and three fruits image not being labeled
• A picture showing one possibility for arranging the fruits and leaves around the tree trunk after it is being assembled
• The whole tree trunk with the real size so it can be printed as one whole image if a plotter is available
The tasks available on the three leaves are:
• The name of the student
• The title of the book
• The name of the author
• The type of the book
• About the book
The task on the leaves is:
• Three new things I learned