Looking for an engaging way for students to get in some word work, learn new vocabulary and practice writing? This summer beach themed center is perfect for practicing all of those skills in a fun, hands-on way!
Ways to use this activity:
• Students can put vocabulary on the word wall by beginning sound
• Students can use vocabulary cards in the writing center to help them write about summer, the beach, the pool, etc.
• Students can build vocabulary words with magnetic letters, stamps, letter beads, etc.
• Place a thin layer of sand in a tray and students can write the words in the sand.
• If you can cut the picture off of the word, students can read the vocabulary words and match them to the pictures.
• Students can put the vocabulary words in ABC order
• Display the strips around the room. Invite students to write the room by providing them with a journal or paper, clipboard, and writing utensil.
With so many different ways to use this activity, it can easily be differentiated to meet the needs of your students! This resource can be used during morning work, centers or workstations, and small group instruction.
Included in this resource:
♦ 24 colorful picture cards with Summer themed vocabulary words
More Summer Themed Activities:
Click here to follow my store and get notifications when new products and FREEBIES are uploaded. New products are always 50% off for the first 24 hours so following me can save you money!
Speaking of saving money, be sure to return to your purchases and leave feedback because every time you do, you earn points toward FREE future TPT purchases!