Your students will have so many ways to master sums of ten using both two addends and three addends when they use the activities in this set of dinosaur themed math cards.
Here's what's included in this set of activities for two addends and three addends!
* 30 Dinos at School number cards. Each card has four numbers on it. Students will determine whether any combination of two or three addends totals ten.
* Read the Room and Scoot (recording sheets and answer key provided)
* A board game
* A sort and graph activity
* Task cards to explain these and other activities
The activities in this set can be differentiated: find two addends that have a sum of ten, or find either two or three addends that total ten.
How can you use these addition activities with your class?
* Play Scoot with your whole class! Just make a "trail" of the cards around your classroom. Give each student a clipboard and a recording page. Position your students along the trail, with each one at a card. Allow a few moments for solving the cards and writing the answers, and then give a signal for everyone to move to the next position on the trail, continuing until all students have visited each spot.
* Similar to Scoot, Read the Room will also get your students up and moving! You can use Read the Room form to use this as a whole group or math center activity.
* Use the 30 sums of ten number cards for sorting activities (directions cards included!) in math centers or in small groups.
* Graph the results of your sort.
* Use the easy-prep one page game in your math centers or math tubs.
This resource will support your teaching of CCSS K.OA.A.3, 1.OA.C.6., and 1.MD.C.4
Thanks for your interest in this resource! You'll also like
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to log in). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Just click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most useful for your classroom!
Be the first to know about my newest resources:
• Click here to follow my store! You will receive customized email updates whenever I post a new resource. ☺
Copyright © Primary Inspiration by Linda Nelson
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.