Over 40 pages of no-prep math center activities and games that target sums to ten. Perfect for Kindergarten and Grade 1! This pack provides practice with addition and subtraction to 10. Multiple versions of games and worksheets are provided to make differentiation easy!
What is Included in this product?
1. Addition Mazes: Students solve the number sentences for the sum that is indicated in the top right corner. As the solve for the sums they will find their way through the maze. The mazes always start in the top left corner and end in the bottom right corner.
2. Roll Ten: Students work with different combinations that equal ten. The students Roll 1 dice. They color in that number blue and color the
remainder of the ten frame boxes red. The students then writes a
number sentence that represents what was colored. There are three versions of this worksheet to provide varying levels of support.
3. Make Ten: This game targets working with missing addends. Students roll a dice to get a starting number. Then they cover what they would need to equal 10. For example if you roll a 6, you would cover a 4 since 6+4=10. The first person to get 4 in a row wins! There is an independent version and a partner version included.
4. Find Ten: Students work to cover sums of ten. Player 1 covers two numbers that equal ten then player two covers two numbers that equal ten. The game continues until all the numbers are full. The player with the most covered in a row wins. Two versions of this game are included. One provides a visual support of ten frames and the other version provides numerals. One version asks students to color in the sums of ten while the other version asks them to cover the sums. They can use unifix cubes, counters, or anything you have in your classroom.
5. Number Line Addition and Subtraction: There are 4 practice
pages that target adding numbers using a number line and 4 practice
pages that target subtracting numbers using a number line.
6. Domino Addition and Subtraction: There are two practice pages for addition and subtraction with the dominos filled in. These ask students to write number sentences for the numbers represented. There is also a recording sheet for domino addition and subtraction so students can
create there own number sentences using dominos in the classroom. If you do not have dominos, three sheets of dominos are included that
specifically target only sums to ten. (May require prep work if you do not have dominos in your classroom.)
How can this product be used?
These games and activities are great for math centers or math folders.
Many of the worksheets and games can also be put in to sheet protectors and used for intervention or repeated practice for students who have not yet mastered sums to 10.