Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Get your students excited about science with this engaging unit on the sun, earth, and moon. Students will participate in reader's theater, demonstrations, small group games, and partner and individual activities.
Here's what you'll find
1) An introduction to the sun, moon and earth including their locations in the solar system.
2) A lesson on the sun - facts about the sun as well as how it effects the earth
3) A lesson on the rotation of the earth - causing day and night
4) A lesson on the revolution of the earth - causing the seasons
5) A lesson on the phases of the moon and how the moon gets its light. This lesson include video links and a fun hands on activity using Oreos to create the phases of the moon!
Vocabulary words are included for each lesson. There are a total of 7 lessons including a review game and a unit assessment.
You'll be provided with the following resources
1) Teacher Guide with everything you need for each lesson. All needed resources are downloadable directly from the guide making prep a breeze! The teacher guide includes a unit overview and daily lesson plans. The lesson plans include detailed information about student objective, materials needed, teacher preparation required, and the steps on how to conduct the lesson. You'll even find sample anchor charts & answer keys embedded right into the teacher guide.
2) Student Activity Packet that goes along with each lesson and includes a journal question for each day. [google classroom compatible]
3) Anchor slides that go hand in hand with the lessons. The slides are interactive and beautifully laid out to grab your students' attention! The anchor slides are provided in PowerPoint, PNG image files, and a PDF.
4) Two fun and interactive games to review important information
5) Reader's theater script [google classroom compatible]
6) End of Unit Assessment [google classroom compatible]
7) Bulletin board set to reinforce the content learned for each lesson
In all, there are over 100 pages, anchor slides, and bulletin board pieces!
Be sure to check out the detailed sample to get a better idea of everything that is included!
You may also like:
Purchase 3 or more units and save up to 20% by using one of my "Design Your Own Bundles" options! See details below: