Overview: This full unit has everything you need to teach your students about the sun, Earth, and moon. Students will learn about the location of the sun, moon, and Earth in our solar system, rotation vs. revolution, phases of the moon, and more! Resources include a teacher guide, hands-on students activities (printable or digital), learning centers, reader's theater, review activities, and unit assessment.
Teaching science shouldn't be complicated. You need a resource that's simply laid out for you so that you can deliver rigorous lessons that your students crave (without all the work that comes with creating it)!
Luckily, you've got The Classroom Nook! I've taken the leg work out of creating a unit that is complete from top to bottom, interactive, engaging, and just plain FUN for you and your students.
"You DID IT AGAIN! All of your products are AMAZING and have made my Science and Social Studies instruction so much better. This is exactly what I needed and everything is done for me. All I had to do was print and laminate and now all of the resources are ready. My students are engaged and having fun with this unit. Thank you so much!" - Love & Lessons Teacher, 3rd grade teacher
HOW IT WORKS:
Each lesson has 3 components to help you structure your instruction effortlessly.
- - During this portion of the lesson you'll review previously learned content and add on or introduce new concepts and content vocabulary that students will be working on that day. You'll start as a whole group using anchor slides before breaking out into small groups for hands-on practice.
- - During this time of your lessons students will "get their feet wet" through hands-on experiments and practice, often in partners or small groups. Students will interact with each other and apply what they are learning in real-world activities. They'll record their learning all in one place in their students activity packet.
- - Bring students back together at the end of the lesson to review, share, and discuss what they have learned during the lesson activity. Students reflect on what they've learned through journal questions right in their student activity packet.
- An introduction to the sun, moon and earth including their locations in the solar system.
- A lesson on the sun - facts about the sun as well as how it effects the earth
- Rotation of the earth - causing day and night
- Revolution of the earth - causing the seasons
- Phases of the moon and how the moon gets its light. This lesson includes video links and a fun hands on activity using Oreos to create the phases of the moon (a student fave!)!
- Content vocabulary words are included for each lesson.
"This is the 2nd science pack I've gotten from Classroom Nook and I love them both! They are fun for the kids, easy to use for teachers, and really teach concepts in an easy way!" Erica A.
- Teacher Guide with everything you need for each lesson. All needed resources are downloadable directly from the guide making prep a breeze! The teacher guide includes a unit overview and daily lesson plans. The lesson plans include detailed information about student objective, materials needed, teacher preparation required, and the steps on how to conduct the lesson. You'll even find sample anchor charts & answer keys embedded right into the teacher guide.
- Student Activity Packet that goes along with each lesson and includes a journal question for each day. [Google Classroom compatible]
- Anchor slides that go hand in hand with the lessons. The slides are interactive and beautifully laid out to grab your students' attention! The anchor slides are provided in PowerPoint, PNG image files, and a PDF.
- Two fun and interactive games to review important information
- Reader's theater script [Google Classroom compatible]
- End of Unit Assessment [Google Classroom compatible]
- Bulletin board set to reinforce the content learned for each lesson
In all, there are over 100 pages, anchor slides, and bulletin board pieces!
"Such an amazing resource. I love how it include the lesson plans, power point and everything else that I need to teach. Thank you." - Danijela B.
Be sure to check out the detailed sample to get a better idea of everything that is included!
MORE SCIENCE UNITS: