This 1.5 week unit is aligned with the NGSS or Next Gen Science Standards for first grade on sun, moon and stars. It is a mini-unit with science and literacy activities. Find the full weather/cause and effect unit HERE.
*****Please read the description carefully and download the preview to see exactly what is included in this resource! And feel free to leave any clarifying questions in the Q&A BEFORE purchasing this resource! :) *****
Read about it ON THE BLOG!
This is part of a 20% OFF NEXT GEN BUNDLE
that includes these units:
Sun Moon and Stars
Organisms (coming soon)
Included in this packet:
• Unit outline with big idea and essential questions
• How to use this resource and anchor charts
• Detailed daily lesson plans
• 15 word wall vocab cards and definitions (use for find your partner)
• Anchor Chart templates in color and black and white for: sun, moon, stars, stars can-have-are, things I do in the day, things I do at night
• science lab: will my shadow change during the day?
• phases of the moon sequencing cards
• phases of the moon: interactive powerpoint for sequencing and a matching blackline master
• Constellation stories on 5 famous constellations: hercules, draco, pegasus, cancer, ursa minor
• My constellation response page for building your own constellation (STEM connection)
• 3 writing prompts: what I do during the day, what I do at night, informative writing on stars
• Sun/Moon/Stars venn diagram: interactive powerpoint slide and matching blackline master
• Space crossword and wordfind puzzles
6 week weather unit
a Bundle of Year Long Science and Social Studies
Copyright Whitney Shaddock, 2016, licensed for one classroom use only. Please use the multiple licensing option for more than one classroom use!
Follow My TPT Store
| Follow My Blog