Also included in
- Save planning time & easily add fun, hands-on science & STEM to your curriculum throughout the year with this money-saving bundle pack.This bundle includes the following science resources:Apple Science & STEMPumpkin Science & STEM Water Cycle ExperimentsPlants Flowers Experiments, Pa$28.00$35.00Save $7.00
Easily add hands-on sun and solar energy science experiments and STEM projects to your curriculum or summer program. Perfect for keeping students engaged and interested in learning during the end of the school year or the summer months.
This resource includes:
- 10 engaging sun science experiments with coordinating recording pages
- step by step directions with photos
- Links to digital Seesaw activities for easy tech integration (new!)
- JPEG files of the recording pages for use in Pic Collage (instructions included)
The step by step directions with photos make for easy preparation and set-up.
Links to pre-made Seesaw activities for each of the recording pages have been added. Simply click and add to your Seesaw library for super-simple technology integration - perfect for distance learning.
Also includes step by step directions with photos on how to use the free app Pic Collage (Pic EDU) for easy technology integration & paperless options. This teaches students how to use technology as a tool to record their results, make predictions, etc.
Includes the following sun science experiments (**Please note that additional materials are required and the experiments need to be done outdoors. This resource includes instructions and recording pages only. **):
• Sun versus Shade Experiment - This is a simple experiment that demonstrates the sun’s heat as well as the difference between sun and shade. It helps young children understand that the sun radiates heat and can makes things hot.
• What Absorbs More Heat? Experiment - This experiment answers the question – “What absorbs more heat, black or white?”
• Dry Up Experiment - This experiment helps students understand that the sun dries up water and introduces evaporation.
• Solar Oven Experiment - This experiment demonstrates solar energy and shows students how to trap the sun’s natural heat to make an oven.
• Sun Prints Experiment - This experiment demonstrates that the light from the sun can cause chemical changes.
• Why Do We Need Sunscreen? Experiment - This experiment helps students understand the importance of wearing sunscreen when outdoors.
• Light Box Experiment - This experiment demonstrates and introduces refraction of sunlight.
• Making Shadows Experiment - This experiment helps children understand what is needed to make a shadow and that the sun acts as a light source for shadows.
• Sundial Experiments - Paper Plate Sundial & Human Sundial - In both experiments students make their own sundials and learn about how sundials work, how the position of the sun affects shadows, and why the sun appears to move across the sky.
***Please see the preview file for sample photos from each experiment and pictures of the recording pages.***
What other educators are saying about this product:
"HIGHLY recommend for any sun unit you might be doing!" - Stacey L.
"The details for these experiments were so helpful! Everything was crystal clear and there were more experiments than I thought (probably because I didn't read but still- nice surprise!) I did the smores oven experiment with my students which was a big hit!" - Miranda F.
"my students loved these projects" - Kayla G.
"The students were very engaged in these projects and were able to complete the hands on activities with smiles on their faces. I taught a STEM camp for ages 6-8 and they were all able to fill out the worksheets and complete the activities at their own pace. Will be using for future camp weeks as well!" - Danielle B.
"This unit is perfect for distance learning. I was able to assign hands-on, easy, experiments that my students could do with simple household items. Thank you so much for your creativity!" - Jennifer T.
"Love that there is technology projects incorporated!" - Patricia T.
"My students enjoy these simple experiments and set up was quick. My students loved asking questions about the end results. The recording sheets were perfect for my first graders! Thank you for a great resource!!" - Catherine M.
"This was great for my STEM camp!" - Kelly E.
"My summer school kids had so much fun with these" - Angela S.
"This product was an invaluable resource for distance learning. The materials lists were clear, as were the accompanying photos, which helped students to follow along during Zoom lessons." - Julie M.
"This is a great way to meet our science standards." - Kjersti J.
You may also like:
Be the first to know about new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• CLICK HERE to become a follower. You will now receive email updates about this store.