Also included in
- In this Patterns in Nature Interactive Solar System Bundle you will be getting the Moon Unit and the Sun Unit to use for your students in teaching on the Solar System with NGSS Standards. Both units are interactive, fun, informational and follow NGSS. This unit is DIGITAL AND PRINTABLE!In the Moon P$15.96$32.00Save $16.04
- This is the BUNDLE of our Project Based Learning Solar System Unit, it includes the original PBL, the digital components and some additional activities. Using this interactive Project Based Learning Solar System Unit, you will guide your students into learning about the phases of the moon, role of t$17.60$44.00Save $26.40
Using this interactive Sun Unit, you will guide your students into learning about the Solar System with the role of the sun, the size of the sun compared to other objects in the solar system, the sun's shadows and the effects of sunrise and sunset. It follows the NGSS standards. This unit has everything you need to teach about the sun. It is a complete unit to last at least 2 weeks of Science. It even includes a final art project!
It includes Step by Step lesson plans that are very detailed in guiding the teacher. It also includes a close reading article about the sun that is differentiated to two levels, 2 Colored (Black and White too) Mini Books about the sun (Differentiated), comprehension questions abut the close reading article, technology extensions, a lesson using shadows, interactive solar system orbiting lesson, observations about sunrise and sunset, Sunrise and Sunset journal, the seasonal patterns of sunrise and sunset, and ends with an art project about the sun, and much more.
This unit follows 1st grade NGSS Science Standards as well as 1st and 2nd Grade Math and ELA Standards
- Step by Step Lesson Plans for 9 days
- 2 Color Mini Books about the sun (Differentiated)
- Mini Books in Black and White as well
- 3 Close Reading Articles About the Sun (Differentiated)
- Comprehension Questions
- Technology Ideas
- Sun's Shadow Lesson and activity
- Solar System Orbit Lessons
- Sun Art Project
- Sunrise and Sunset Journal
- Sunrise/Sunset Lessons
- Interactive Notebook Pages
- Extension Activities
- Interactive Lessons
- Moon/Sun/Earth Cards
Don’t forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love FEEDBACK!
As always, please contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,
Special Treat Friday, Heather McKinsey