Sunflower House Literacy Activities
This pack includes:
• 4 vocabulary words from the book Sunflower House by Eve Bunting. These a perfect size the use on the word wall, in the writing center or with the whole class. Vocabulary activities for these word are included.
• 4 different journal prompts- 10 to a page easy prep- print, cut out and have students glue the prompt in their journal and respond by drawing and writing.
• sunflower life cycle sequencing activity in color and black and white (the color ones are larger to use as a whole class display.
• cut and glue sunflower life cycle page
• sunflower parts labeling- students simply write the words from the bottom of the page to label the sunflower.
• 6 question comprehension assessment based on the book. Four of the questions can be answered by circling pictures and the rest of the questions are able to be answered by reading simple sentences or phrases.
• designing a sunflower house with clay and popsicle sticks
• project-able book about how a sunflower grows.
If you like this pack please consider purchasing another one of my vocabulary and comprehension assessment packs.
The Little Mouse, The Red Ripe Strawberry and the Big Hungry Bear Dear Mr. Blueberry Simon and Molly Plus Hester ElmerDuck and Goose Find a Pumpkin The Mitten The Day it Rained Hearts One Dog Canoe Duck and Goose Nicky and the Rainy Day Zinnia’s Flower Garden *FREE* Dear Juno