Your students will love practicing segmenting and blending CVC words with these fun word strips. Students can play three ways:
1. Use magnet letters to represent each sound in the word
2. Write each letter with a dry erase marker
3. Build the word with magnets, then write it!
This activity is perfect for guided reading, literacy centers and word work. There are also worksheets that students can complete to extend their learning.
The materials are super easy to prepare. The worksheets are in black and white in order to conserve your ink. I also include a "shortcut" to prepare the word cards that will take you less than 5 minutes.
In this unit you will find:
- 3 task cards with student friendly language and visuals, plus CCSS alignment
- 10 short a word cards
- 8 short e word cards
- 8 short i word cards
- 9 short o word cards
- 9 short u cards
- Blank CVC cards
- Answer Key
- 6 worksheets to test for comprehension
If you like these, check out my Word Card & Word Wall Products