I always need fun and simple activities for when my parent volunteers come in to help out. My students need plenty of help with contractions, so this game is a great and easy solution for both! Included in this packet:
- game directions (printable or in color)
- calling cards and calling cards board
- game boards
- teacher prep information
- follow-up independent worksheet
- follow-up superhero contractions craft
- craft directions (printable or in color)
After students have played the game with a volunteer, I put it in my contraction literacy station for students to play on their own!
I find that having a stash of games and activities ready-made for parent volunteers helps me to stay organized and makes sure that their time is spent in meaningful ways. Check out my Sugary Sweet Contractions packet for another contractions game, worksheet, and activity.