This board game contains all 44 phonemes (sounds) within the English language, divided into two different boards (consonants and vowels) Students roll the dice to try and think of, say and write words with the same phoneme. Great for phonemic awareness.
The rules apply:
1. Choose a token or bear as your playing piece and place in starting square (S)
2. Roll the dice and move the number that appears.
3. Say a word that contains the phoneme (sound) you land on
(score a point)
4. If you can think of a word that contains the phoneme and has the
same number of letters as the number you rolled, you score a
bonus point (2 in total)
5. Extend the game to include rules or set to categories (book
names, high frequency, food, animals etc)
6. Words can be written in the middle of the game board as you go
or on a mini whiteboard/book
7. Extend vocabulary by using in a sentence or bonus points for
multiple words used in the one sentence
8. Winner is the person who scores the most points