“Super Fly Guy” by Tedd Arnold is a fun Fly Guy book that is also excellent for teaching the Common Core State Standards for reading literature 1, 2, 3, 4, 7 and 9, as well as character/setting/problem/solution, summarizing the story, and Writing Standard 1 (opinion writing). Your 1st and 2nd grade students will be engaged “to the max” when you pair your copy of this book with our fun close reading and writing activities! At Max Learner Book Detective, we do all the work so you don’t have to!
Included in this packet:
Our Text-Dependent Questions…
• Cite the Common Core State Standards used (RL 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, and 9)
• Include pair-sharing prompts
• Guide teachers to the exact pages in the text where answers can be found
Our Close Reading Worksheet…
• Includes page number references to guide students back into the text where the answers can be found
• Answer key included for teacher reference
Character/Setting/Problem/Solution and Story Summary Worksheet
• First, answer the prompts for each story element
• Then use your answers to summarize the story
Opinion Paragraph Project
• Compare/Contrast characters from the story. “Who is the best lunch lady, Roz or Miss Muzzle?”
• Write a persuasive letter to the Boss to get your favorite lunch lady back!
• Sample paragraphs included; these may also be used as handwriting practice sheets