I attended Amie Dean's Conference here in my home town and was simply blown away by her intervention tragedies. I've created Super Hero Themed Yes Cards for our School Wide Behavior RTI Plan.
Here is how you use them:
* Choose your targeted student( The one who needs help maintaining a desired behavior )
* Issue him/her a yes card.
* Discuss with him/her the expectation you desire from them.
* Have the student write the expectation on the back ( You may assist)
* There are 4 time intervals listed on the back. Start with 5 minute intervals.
The student will master the 5 minute level by exhibiting the desired expectation for 5 different times for 5 minutes. Once mastered, the CLASS will have a small celebration. ( GoNoodle, extra recess, etc.)
* The student will then be issued a new card to master the 10 minute interval.
* Continue until the student makes it through 20 minute intervals.
Side Note: You may want to have a floater (random student) participate with the target student so that they don't feel targeted or embarrassed.