Audio included! After writing about having a super power, each student's super power is featured in an editable class music video with a catchy tune! No music experience is necessary. (30-60 minutes or spread out over multiple sessions)
This lesson can be expanded to meet a number of Common Core Standards (details are in the teacher's guide).
1 editable PowerPoint WITH original audio track
1 student prompt worksheet
1 teacher's guide
1 editable lyrics poster (add students' lyrics)
1. If prompted, click "enable editing" on the PowerPoint and "Save As" so you can work with it.
2. Play the slideshow before working with students to get a feel for the song.
EASY TO USE:
1. Hand out the super powers writing prompt sheet.
2. After student writing time, enter their super powers in the blanks in the PowerPoint (this can be done "live" with the class or at another time before they sing it.)
3. With your computer connected to an interactive white board or screen, press play and watch them enjoy (and even sing) their masterpiece!
Even the most stoic classes have sung for this one--it's a real motivator for inspired writing with the incentive of having a personalized music video as a finished product!
**Note: This is my first TPT product. Please feel free to let me know how it works for you and if there are any issues. I hope you enjoy it, and thanks for downloading!
9 (6 slides plus 3 sheets)