Fun reading and math activities all in a scarecrow theme for Fall! Activities are in PDF format so they can be accessed on both PCs and Macs. Included:
1. Scarecrow Stack Game: *Scarecrow Stacks* is played like the traditional *War* card game with an addition twist. Divide the cards evenly among 2*3 players. Each child turns over two cards, adds the numbers together, and the child with the largest sum keeps the cards in that round. The child with the most cards at the end of the game wins.
2. Scarecrow Glyph: Follow the instructions to create your own unique data collection scarecrow.
3. Scarecrow Compound Words: Put each of the two part puzzles to create a new scarecrow themed compound word.
4. Scarecrow Consonant Blends: Study the picture of the scarecrow. Fill in the blanks below with a consonant blend to make the word of an item shown in the picture.
5. Scary Scarecrow Subtraction: Roll the dice. Subtract the smaller number from the larger number. Pick the piece of the scarecrow that goes with that answer. See how many rolls it takes you to build the scarecrow.
6. Scaring Up Some Syllables: Say the word in each box and count the syllables in each word as you say it. Circle the number of syllables in the word.
7. So Many Scarecrows!: Don't let your eyes fool you as you match the pattern strips to the same scarecrow pattern sequence.
8. Activity Letter: Explains how to do each activity