UPDATED!!! The activities in this packet were designed to help your students practice their weekly spelling words. They may be completed whole group or used during a work station. We love using these activities during our Word Work station during Daily Five.
Table of Contents
1. Picture Spelling Words: Students write one of their weekly words in a box and then illustrate each word.
2. Pyramid Words: Students write each of their weekly words in the shape of a pyramid.
3. Colorful Vowels: Students write each spelling word and then color the vowels in each word.
4. Lengthy Words: Students write their spelling words from shortest to longest.
5. Criss-Cross Spelling Words: Students connect their spelling words by crossing them using a shared letter.
6. Roll and Write Spelling Words: Students choose 6 of their words to write in the top boxes. The students roll a die and write the word that has that number in the box.
7. Lines and Dots: Students write and then decorate their spelling words with colorful line and dots.
8. Pencil, Marker, Crayon: Students write each of their spelling words using pencil, marker and crayon.
9. ABC Order Spelling Words: Students write their words in ABC order.
10. Capital and Lowercase: Students write each word using all capital and all lowercase letters.