1. Divide class into two teams: green team & blue team. Each team has its own set of words.
2. Determine, which team, goes first.
3. Player picks a card, reads word (or has it read to him). Then player determines how many syllables are in word.
4. If player is correct his team gets that many points. Points are based on how many syllables are in a word.
5. There is a penalty card (referee) for each team. When a penalty card is selected then the other team answers and gets the points if correct.
5. Team with the most points at the end of the game wins.
Word cards (12 each)
Helmets (use double sided tape, tape on the back of the word cards and laminate)
Game mat for cards