Great activity for the end of the year or before a break!
This mini-unit allows students to build their own superhero and incorporate it into other students' stories. The summative assessment is an origin story that is modeled after comic book heroes from popular movies today. The lesson includes:
- Build Your Own Superhero Worksheet
- Superhero Origins handout
- Superhero Origin worksheet to pair with a popular superhero movie
- lesson materials for a collaborative group writing activity
- a rubric to use for scoring the superhero origin story
- Detailed lesson plans and student objectives
This lesson is a huge hit with my creative writing class and could be used as a final for any creative writing class.