This project is centered around the theme of superheroes and includes academic skills (research, language arts, writing) and 21st century skills (technology, creativity, critical thinking, and more). There are seven different parts of the project provided. You can do all the parts, or pick and choose what you want to use.
Check out the Language Arts Project Based Learning bundle HERE!
- Part One: Intro & Superhero Reflection: access prior knowledge, hook students
- Part Two: Superhero Research: research a superhero of student choosing (options provided), option to persuade audience that the superhero is the greatest
- Part Three: Create Your Own Superhero: brainstorm and design your own superhero, write an accompanying narrative following the story arc/elements; option to write a unique superhero interview
- Part Four: Comic Creation: students create a comic based off of their superhero; technology options provided
- Part Five: Villain Wanted: students create a wanted ad for the villain in their stories; technology options provided
- Part Six: Book to Movie: students create an ad for the movie version of their superhero; technology options provided
- Part Seven: Real Life Superheroes: students research and reflect on modern day superheroes and how you can be one without having magic superpowers