Start your school year out in superhero style! This pack is full of math and literacy activities that can be used throughout the year. Plus, there are back to school superhero activities that include behavior incentives, getting to know your superhero students and an adorable craft with banners that can be turned into a super cute bulletin board! Take a look at all the activities included in this Superhero Pack:
• Superhero Color Matching Activity: Students match the superhero symbols by color and/or color word. To add more of a challenge, use the color sight words in black font. This activity can be used on cookie sheets, magnet boards, in pocket charts, or be made into a file folder games.
• Superhero Color Memory Match: Play a memory game or play face up for younger learners. Ideas for use: Pass out and have students find their matching partner, place around the room and have students find the matching card. Can also be used in a pocket chart. An ink saving pattern is available, just run on construction paper or color with markers.
• Superhero Color Student Sheet: Two versions are available, depending on the level of your learner. One has color word written in matching color font and the other is in black font.
• Superhero Shape Cards: Help students recognize shape sight words with this activity where student match the shapes to the shape words. Use on a cookie sheet, magnet board, in a pocket chart, or make into file folder games.
• Superhero Shaped Symbol Cards: Play a memory game or play face up for younger learners. Use with the color the room shapes sheet. Additional ideas for use: Pass out and have students find their matching partner, place around the room and have students find the matching card. Can also be used in a pocket chart
• Superhero Shapes Student Sheets: Students cut and glue the superhero shaped symbols to the matching picture. There are also color the room by shape, turn over a card and color the matching shape, and draw the shape pages.
• Superhero Alphabet Cards: Both upper and lowercase letters to use during circle/calendar time, to teach letter recognition, play memory, and use with letter sound cards.
• Superhero Sound Cards: Match letter sound pictures to upper and/or lowercase alphabet cards.
• “Pow” Cards: Extra cards that can be inserted into both alphabet or number cards to turn them into a fun game!
• Superhero Alphabet Smash: Students find and color the letter that matches an alphabet or letter sound card. Sheets are offered in both upper and lowercase.
• Superhero Fill in the Letter Sheets: Students write the missing letters in the sequence. Both upper and lowercase versions are available.
• Superhero Number Cards to 30: Use during circle/calendar time, to teach number recognition, to sequence numbers, print two copies and play memory, etc.
• Superhero Number Smash: Students find and color the numbers from 1 to 20. Only use the numbers you need to work on or use all 20 numbers. Helps with number recognition!
• Superhero Fill in the Number Sheet: Students write the missing numbers in the sequence.
• Where’s the Superhero?: An interactive emergent reader that targets positional words: 0n, under, above, beside, between, and next to. Students cut apart superheroes and glue on the page according to the directions.
• Superhero Ordinal Numbers: Help your students learn ordinal numbers from first through fifth with this interactive sheet. Three versions are available to allow for differentiation.
• Superhero Powers Activity: Wrap a label around a container, such as a Crystal Light container. Decide which skill your student(s) need to practice and give them the cards needed. The student will name the card and drop it in the container, if correct. Keep naming until all cards are in the container! You can also use to help identify letters in students’ names.
• Superhero Brag Tags: Hand out the brag tags anytime you catch a student displaying extraordinary superhero behavior/skills. Students can collect them and add to the necklace or make a new necklace every time. You may also choose to use on a keychain and attach to a student’s backpack.
• Getting to Know Your Superheroes: Use at meet the teacher/back to school night or send home. Parents or teachers help little ones fill out the Superhero Student Sheet. Use with the Superhero Craftivity to make an adorable bulletin board! Superhero signs included for pre-k, kindy, TK, and an "Our Superheroes" for any classroom.
• Superhero Craftivity: Students can make this super cute craftivity to display the Superhero Student Sheet.
• Superhero Crowns: Use on the first day of school or whenever positive behavior has occurred. Use as a favor if a party has been earned for good behavior or certain skills have been attained.
• Student Superhero Masks: Transform your students into superhero students with these fun masks! Print on construction paper or cardstock (decorate if desired).
This pack is perfect for the beginning of the year, but can be used throughout the year, too!
Use these activities as arrival/table time activities, center activities, small group instruction, stations, and during circle/learning times. These activities are designed for preschool, pre-k, or kindergarten.
Follow my blog Preschool Wonders
and store by clicking on the green star to be notified when new products are posted. New products are discounted 50% for the first 48 hours!