Print and Teach: Do a Day
Do you ever have to 'do a day' on a class - as a sub teacher or even on your own class when your regular class program is not operating?
My 'Do a Day' packets are for you!
This packet includes activities with a Superhero theme to fill *most* of your day!
You will need a superhero themed story book, a printer and you are pretty much set ready to go!
Some basic classroom equipment is also needed and you will have to use some teacher initiative to implement the activities and supplement or modify the activities to suit your class group.
Included in this package is:
1. Suggested outline of day, including checklist
2. Directions and tips for each learning area (reading, writing, mathematics, visual arts)
3. Reading Response Sheet (writing and drawing option) - students write about character, setting and plot
4. Page topper - students color and cut a superhero page topper to go on their reading response sheet - make a class display (boy and girl included options)
5. Writing Prompt - Super Hero description - boy/girl/blank options
6. Label a Super Hero (for non writers) - cut/paste activity
7. Directions and jumbo dice pictures for class number game
8. Worksheet Number Game - students play in pairs - number and addition options - play with standard dice
9. Number Line Puzzles - 3 variations that cover numbers 1-30 - students create a superhero picture by sequencing numbers
10. Directed Drawing Activity - students draw a superhero and paint or color for visual arts
11. 2 Superhero 'Big Shape Tracing' pages - great for morning work or fast finishers
12. "Super School Hero" awards - hand these out to great students through the day to motivate and reward
13. Poster - Are you ready for a Super Day? class poster to help set the scene of your special day
This collection is perfect for sub teachers (casual teachers) but also makes a great supplement to units of work developed by regular classroom teachers. Do all the activities in one day, or stretch them out and supplement them to make a mini unit!
All pages are backline so you do not need a color copier!
Thanks so much for visiting my store, good luck with your day!