If you have ever taught an ESL class to new students, young or old, and asked them: How are you? Then you will know that the most common answer ever is: I'm fine thank you. Or worse: Imfinethankyou.
I made these wall cards for my adult learners and they proved to be just as effective with children.
To use (see photo).
Print out and cut out the words in cloud shapes.
Mount them on white paper and cut those to larger cloud shapes.
Mount the clouds on sky blue paper on the wall.
Whenever a student responds with imfinethankyou, or whatever their default answer is, pretend you can't hear them and look towards this poster.
Keep it upbeat and fun and the students will soon be expanding their vocabulary.
Every word is in a different font. As much as I like comic sans it's good to have some variety of fonts in use the class to help with letter recognition. Story books use a variety of fonts, so we should try and reflect that.
● Please check the sidebar categories for more great products like the one on this page.
● Be first to hear about new products by clicking the little green star under my logo.
● I have a Technology For Teachers blog - flipped classroom ideas, Apps, and software
● View my interactive TpT catalogue
● My clip art is also available in TpT on:
- English ESL Flash Cards
- Spanish flash cards
- Japanese flash cards
● All clipart is available on exciting 3D products via my blog - iPhone cases, mugs, t-shirts
● Listen to previews of my songs and watch the music videos
with suggested funky dance moves
Thank you - Tim Sensei