There is no better way to teach kids about the names of food in Spanish than with this fun, grocery shopping simulation role-play game! Students should first be familiar with food vocabulary, and numbers by 1000’s. A class favorite for sure!
The objective of this game is to be the first "shopper" to buy at least one item of food from four different categories before your opponents, but be careful not to run out of money! Shoppers have ₡50 mil (50 thousand Costa Rican Colones) to spend at a grocery store in Costa Rica!
Included with this resource:
- “Supermercado ¡Pura Vida!” Store-Front Graphic
- “Lista de Compras” (shopping list)
- Food flashcards
- Play money in Costa Rican Colones
- Step-by-step instructions for playing the game
- Link to my favorite YouTube video entitled, "El Supermercado"
- Food Vocabulary
- Numbers by 1,000's to 50,000
TEACHER TIP! If you’d like to play a more simple version of this game, simply have students shop and ask for food items in Spanish! Use the graphic at the beginning for your “store front” and just role-play using the play money and food flashcards!
IMPORTANT! If you like this game, try these other best-sellers that are similar in design called, “El Restaurante Fantástico" and "Mi Tienda Favorita."