Supplement Packet for teachers using Blast Foundations (by Really Great Reading) phonics and phonemic awareness program in First Grade
An ENTIRE YEAR of supplements all ready to go! What’s included:
• Pages 3-26: Pretests for each unit assessing six of the words, one “bonus” word, and Heart Words (use these forms to differentiate for struggling students)
• Pages 27-50: Pretests for each unit assessing all ten words (no bonus word) and Heart Words
• Pages 52-75: Test forms for each unit assessing six words plus a “bonus” word, each including the Heart Words, and a proofreading or dictation sentence
• Pages 76-99: Test forms for each unit assessing all ten words (no bonus word), each including the Heart Words, and a proofreading or dictation sentence
• Page 100: A graded example of a completed test
• Page 102: Spelling book cover page for binding a book of lists for each student
• Pages 103-126: Spelling and Heart Word lists for each unit, two per page
• Pages 128-129: Practice sheet masters for fast-finisher or morning work with lines to practice Heart Words, spelling words and a daily sentence
• Pages 131-169: Word wall cards with Heart Words, each numbered with unit number for easy filing
More than just a spelling test, these forms also help you track each student’s progress in writing skills and sight word fluency!
IMPROVE WRITING SKILLS! Each spelling post-test includes lines for a proofreading or dictation sentence to help students be mindful of writing conventions and penmanship. Grade and track progress on capitalization, punctuation, letter formation and spacing. Help your students think more carefully about their writing!
BUILD READING FLUENCY WITH SIGHT WORDS! “Heart Words” are printed on each test and spelling list. With the lists, students can practice these sight words at school and at home, knowing they’ll be accountable to read them to the teacher on spelling test day. After giving a spelling test, you can set the class to work and call students back one at a time to read from the large word wall cards (included!), flashcard style. Simply circle a smiley face for each mastered word on the child’s test paper. Quick and easy! The large cards then become your word wall, allowing students access to them all year long. This can help a great deal with mastery of sight words and with correct spelling when writing! Hooray!
Streamline your year, save tons of time, involve and inform parents, AND track your students’ progress in spelling accuracy, writing skills and sight word mastery!
Created by Heather B @ KidsAtWork365
Fonts by Jen Jones (link on end page of file)
Graphics copyright Scrappin’Doodles (license# & link on end page of file)
Blast Foundations program by Really Great Reading https://www.reallygreatreading.com/blast-foundations
Each license purchased is for single classroom use. Sharing or distribution of this product in part or in whole in any form is strictly prohibited. If your colleagues and coworkers love your new teaching tools, please purchase additional licenses or refer them to my shop. Thank you for your honesty!