Products in this Bundle (7)
showing 1-5 of 7 products
Also included in
- “Economics is the most valuable class of my high school career,” a student wrote to me last semester. Another student noted that “Your teaching strategy is easy to follow and makes everything easier to understand” while another commented that “I really appreciate that you assigned assignments where$118.00$132.50Save $14.50
- Are you teaching Economics for the first time and feeling way over your head? Have you taught it a few times, but feel like you're ready to take your lessons to the next level? This Semester Course Bundle is yours. If I had to sum up my teaching style and the way my units are structured, I would ref$130.00$163.00Save $33.00
Let me introduce myself- I'm Mrs. P and student engagement is my thing. I'm all about teaching the supply and demand unit with creativity, low prep, and (super) high engagement. "This unit would have been really boring but the way you teach makes it interesting" a student wrote to me this past semester. What makes my lessons so engaging? Glad you asked! My goal is to break down the economics jargon while making content relevant, fascinating, and tangible to students. If you want to see your students excitedly geeking out over economics, this unit is for you.
This bundle includes everything you need to teach the Supply and Demand unit, including my best-selling Entrepreneur Tank culminating project. The unit starts off by grabbing students’ attention and challenging them to examine their purchasing habits through the one-day Consumerism and Ethics lesson. Then, there are four days of full lesson plans for the demand curve, two days of lessons for the supply curve, and two days of lesson plans for equilibrium. This part of the unit ends with the Entrepreneur Tank project (which reinforces and assesses the concepts of Supply and Demand) and takes about one to two weeks to complete. Finally, there is an awesome Price Controls & Minimum Wage Debate lesson that takes about 2-days and challenges students to think through the economic advantages and disadvantages of the minimum wage. The unit ends with an exam which includes 25 multiple choice questions and 9 (easy to grade!) Free Response Questions. The Free Response Questions focus on critical thinking and applying the concepts of Supply & Demand!
The best part is that you can use this unit bundle for distance or digital learning! All lessons have student resources that come in a printable PDF version AND a Google Slides or Docs version. Students just make a copy and they can use all the included resources! The Unit Exam comes in a Google Forms Quiz version.
*Projects & Exam are editable. Most other included resources are not.
Please view individual lessons prior to purchasing! Not every lesson includes a lecture. Material is taught in a variety of ways.
What to Expect:
- Daily Written Warm Ups & Opening Activities
- Daily Essential Questions
- Engaging Lectures with Thinking Activities & Think-Pair-Shares throughout
- Student Fill In Notes for Lectures (including Warm Ups)
- Practice Worksheets for Students (& Teacher Key)
- Demand Curve & Supply Curve Review Quizzes (& Teacher Key)
- Shifting the Demand Curve Mini Project (& Student Samples)
- Supply Curve Engaging Mini-Activity
- Minimum Wage Debate
- Consumerism & Ethics Research
- Entrepreneur Tank Project Materials
- Daily Lesson Plans
- Unit Review Packet (& Teacher Answer Key)
- Summative Exam (& Teacher Answer Key)
- Ethics & Morality of Buying
- Basics of the Demand Curve
- Shifts in the Demand Curve
- Basics of the Supply Curve
- Shifts in the Supply Curve
- Supply Meets Demand (Equilibrium)
- Shortages & Surpluses
- Entrepreneur Tank Project & Related Vocabulary
- Price Controls
- Minimum Wage Research & Debate
Want to see my style of lectures before you buy? Check out this freebie: Globalization Economics Lesson
I usually teach these lessons in 50 minute periods, but they can be combined for a block period schedule as well.
Note: all Google Drive versions appear in the lesson plans of each individual lesson. As of right now, there is no way to copy a folder in Google so for right now you will need to open the lesson plan and make a copy of each digital resource using the provided links and instructions.
- Class set of included worksheets
- Blank sheets of paper or small posters
- Computers for research (Ethics & Consumerism, Entrepreneur Tank, & Minimum Wage Debate only)
You might also enjoy:
- Markets, Businesses, & Labor Unit Bundle
- Economic Indicators Unit Bundle
- Foundations & Fundamentals of Economics Unit Bundle (including unit exam!)