Supply and Demand
is a Social Studies lesson that focuses on understanding the economic law of supply and demand and its effect on prices in a market economy. The original informational text provides an overview of the definitions of supply and demand, as well as several real-world examples of how this principle plays out in the economy.
Included in this product:
• Lesson Overview (included in preview)
• 5-Day Lesson Outline (included in preview)
• “I Can” Learning Goal Chart (color and grayscale version)
• Essential Question Chart (color and grayscale version)
• Power Word Posters – supply, demand
• Power Word Teacher Pages
• Content-rich Informational Text
• Informational Text Teacher’s Guide
• PowerPoint Version of Informational Text (flattened)
• Nonfiction Text Graphic Organizer
• Reading Strategies Questions
• Cause-Effect Printable and Key
• Cloze (scaffolded) Notes for informational text and Key
• 3D Graphic Organizer (foldable) and Key
• Quick Quiz and Key
• Critical Thinking Prompt for Interactive Notebooks
• Supply and Demand Guided Practice Activity (PowerPoint) and Answer Sheet
The 3D graphic organizer (foldable) will fit within the pages of a standard composition notebook. However, the lesson is designed so that it can also be used without such notebooks.
I completed this lesson with my students over a 5-day week. However, the lesson can easily be modified to suit your schedule and students’ needs – just use those activities/pages that fit the time you have to teach this subject.
Some external links in this resource may require Adobe Flash in order to work properly. Please make sure you have this software installed on your computer.
You will receive a .zip file containing a PDF and two PowerPoints. Please make sure you unzip/extract all items to use them.
- Use this product for your own classroom and your own students
- Share the files digitally only with your students
- Upload to Google Classroom to use with the students in your classroom
You May Not:
- Share these files with anyone other than your students
- Upload any part of these files to a website for others to download or stored on a page where others will have access to it
- Store any part of this product on a shared drive
- Use any part of this resource, including graphics and/or formulas, to create any type of resource (free or paid)
- Links MAY NOT be placed on a school webpage that is not password protected
If you have questions about this product please email me at email@example.com
Other Economics lessons:
• Saving and Investing ~ Quick Pack
• Profit and Loss ~ Quick Pack
• Economic Resources ~ Quick Pack
• Public Cost-Benefit Analysis ~ Quick Pack
• Revenue and Taxes ~ Quick Pack
• Economic Factors of a Region ~ Quick Pack
• Economic Freebies
If you purchase this product, your feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Happy Teaching ~ The Reflective Educator