Supply and Demand Book Chat
The supply and demand book chat cards are designed to support younger readers think and reflect critically on ideas present or absent from a text about the perceptions or ideas people have about mistakes, creativity, innovation and problem solving.
Included in this resource are
• 24 Book Chat Cards (6 conceptual understanding cards, 6 attitude cards, 6 action cards, 6 researcher cards)
• Recommended texts to prompt discussion or thinking
This activity can act as a transdisciplinary tool linking understanding of economic systems and choices with literacy skills and problem solving strategies. It can be used to support project based learning, iTime projects or projects connected to classroom market days or fairs.
Some example questions include
• What choices do consumers or producers need to think about?
• What ideas does this text share about the ways people can think about how they make decisions?
• What action does this book invite you think about when it comes to money or money-making?
• What does money make possible?
• Who decides what something is worth?