This complete unit plan bundles together my six full lesson plans on supply and demand, and it comes with the accompanying unit materials. The unit focuses on the principles of supply and demand, and it introduces students to the related concepts of price ceilings, price floors, and the elasticity of demand.
SIX COMPLETE LESSON PLANS:
1) The Market
2) Law of Demand
3) Law of Supply
5) Price Ceilings and Price Floors
6) Elasticity of Demand
EACH LESSON PLAN INCLUDES:
1) Warm Up Activity -- interactive activity to engage student attention.
2) PowerPoint Presentation -- contains the lecture and guides you through the activities.
3) Note Sheet -- students fill out this note sheet during the lecture.
4) Class Activity -- printable activities that allow students to explore the new learning.
5) Quiz -- assesses student understanding of the included learning targets.
6) Homework -- extension questions from the day’s lesson.
7) Teacher Materials -- detailed lesson plan, answer keys, and a “Read Me” document explaining how to use the materials included.
1) Unit Project -- students locate news articles related to supply and demand.
2) Unit Test -- three versions with varying degrees of difficulty (with answer key).
3) Grade Sheet -- also includes a rubric for the unit project.
4) Review Sheet -- students can complete this to help them study for the unit test.
5) Unit Plan -- an extensive outline of teacher necessities: unit overview, national standards, learning targets, essential questions, formative assessments, summative assessments, differentiation plan, and a unit outline.
Supply and Demand Unit Plan
by Nick Samsal
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License