Need a quick formative assessment to match CCS? Then dive deeper into Face & Opinion topics by looking specifically at author's claim, their support, and concluding call to action...
* Non-fiction article about healthy school lunches!
* Persuasive writing with the author's point of view (argument)!
* Students read critically to reveal the claim of the author!
* Students will choose, support, and justify an opinion by stating facts or evidence from the reading!
* Decipher and prove the article’s call to action (aka: So what? Now what?)
* 1/2 page answer sheets make printing easy and cost effective!
* Formative assessment to check for comprehension or summative assessment for the end of a teaching unit!
* This could also be sent away as homework, given to students who finish a task early, or completed during a substitute teaching day!
***Please contact me with any further questions you may have, modifications I could make, or errors I can fix! I would also be honored to alter any of my items to better suit the needs for your personal classroom and teaching environment!