This week-long activity has students work in groups to build a 3D figure out of recycled objects, then measure and calculate the amount of surface area on their figure. Once given the exact amount of aluminum foil they've determined they need, they apply it to find out if their calculations were accurate.
- cover page with student friendly directions
- project timeline with expectations broken into smaller, more manageable steps
- group work with an individual portion, holding all students accountable
- Application of skills to word problems (with an answer key!)
- Rubric for students to self assess as they work and teachers to quickly grade