The students will use boxes, tape, and aluminum foil to create their own robots! This fun project allows students to practice calculating surface area in a real-world situation. This project sheet includes the directions and space for students to show their work.
As the teacher, you will need:
- rulers or other measuring utensils
- lots of boxes (I asked other teachers to bring in their recycling!)
The students will:
- pick their boxes
- calculate the surface area of each box
- add the surfaces area together
- cover their robot in aluminum foil, based on the amount they calculated
This project takes about 4 days (depending on the length of your class) to complete, from introduction to finished robots.
*Please don't forget to review! Each review you submit earns you TpT credits, which you can use to purchase items!