I have found that although students can follow a formula, they tend to skip steps when they use the calculator. So I created this worksheet to force them into writing down every single little step. Here's what this worksheet makes them do:
- Write the formula for the shape.
- Identify the quantities for each variable.
- Substitute the quantities for each variable.
- Follow the order of operations when solving the formula.
- Write the answer with the units.
The pyramids on this sheet include 6 problems that could be square-based or rectangular-based pyramids. I did not create the pictures.