Also included in
- This NO PREP bundle is full of READY TO PRINT about surface area and volume! Your geometry students will be ENGAGED with these area and perimeter activities.This bundle contains the following 12 activities to use throughout a surface area and volume unit. Included Activities:1) Surface Area of Pyr$24.15$35.00Save $10.85
This is a fun activity that gets students working together and excited to practice finding area of polygons! Students won't mind practicing their area formulas with this activity.
Students will find the surface area and volume of prisms, cylinders, pyramids, and cones in this activity. Students will need to use special right triangles to be successful. Some of the problems require students to use the surface area or volume to find a missing length.
In this activity, students are grouped in fours. Each student takes a card, and works the problem on the card. When all students in the group have their answers, they add them up, getting a group sum. Then, the group checks their sum with the teacher. If they are correct, they work on the next set of cards, if not, they work together to see where or which student in the group went wrong. This activity encourages peer tutoring.
There are twelve sets of cards and four problems are in each set. Make sure these problems are appropriate for your students - download the preview to see problem examples.
This is also part of the following bundle:
You might also be interested in:
- Volume of Cylinders, Cones, and Spheres Sum 'Em Activity
- Surface Area and Volume Task Cards with and without QR Codes
- Surface Area and Volume Stations Maze Activity
- Composite Surface Area and Volume Scavenger Hunt
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and products!
Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about my store.
If you have any questions or comments please email me at: email@example.com.
This purchase is for one teacher only.
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom. This item is bound by copyright laws and redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the Internet are all strictly forbidden. If you wish to share with colleagues, please purchase additional licenses.
© Mrs. E Teaches Math, LLC