Surface Area and Volume of 3D Shape Nets Math Project BUNDLE | Minecraft
Products in this Bundle (2)
Also included in
- Looking for a way to make your geometry unit memorable, hands-on, and engaging for your math 6 students? Want to save money? Here you go! Each lesson is self-contained, and is low-prep or no-prep. This bundle includes hands on projects (math missions), math-meets-art practice worksheets (doodle mathPrice $13.17Original Price $21.95Save $8.78
- This self contained bundle consists of 8 products (7 print, 1 digital) that will help students practice finding the volume and surface area of rectangular prisms - ranging from fun guided notes with doodles to hands-on Minecraft themed project! Product #1 and #2 are complete lessons, called 4-in-1 tPrice $19.99Original Price $30.46Save $10.47
Looking to connect with your kids over their favorite video game? Want a hands-on activity that will impress parents at open house or back to school night?
Try these unofficial Minecraft project-based learning activity where students compute the surface area and volume of geometric nets, and then can color and assemble those nets into their very own version of the character Steve and the creeper to take home! Steve is an easier activity since it involves working with whole number or decimal lengths, widths, heights. The Creeper activity involves working with fractional dimensions.
This bundle includes 2 Minecraft-inspired activities, where students compute surface area and volume of geometric nets, and then assemble those nets into characters from the game.
- Steve is one of the protagonists in Minecraft.
- Math skills: surface area and volume of rectangular prism with whole number or decimal dimensions.
- : Creepers are fictional creatures in Minecraft. They are "hostile" mobile non-player characters that can be spawn randomly in the game.
- Math skills: surface area and volume of rectangular prism with fractional dimensions.
Each of the two activities includes:
- Black & white worksheets -- more artistic lesson, students can color in!
- Color worksheets -- faster lesson, no need to color!
- Answer key
What do you need?
- Printouts of the activity
- Glue sticks or tape
- Colored pencils or markers (for black & white worksheets)
Before you go…
- Stay updated. Follow the store to stay updated on new activities and freebies!
- Join the community. Join us on Instagram and Pinterest for ideas and highlights.
- Please leave a review. I’d love to hear how the product is working in your classroom! (TPT gives you credit for reviewing paid products!)
Each purchased license is for use in a single classroom. If you’d like to share with other teachers, please buy additional licenses. Thanks!