Surface Area and Volume of Prisms Project Based Learning PBL Math Enrichment
Also included in
- Full Year Bundle. If you want your math lessons to be an unforgettable experience for your students, be sure to check out this BUNDLE.38 Math Resources: Math & Art projects, Project-Based Learning activities, Escape Rooms, Discovery activities, Pixel Art Mystery Pictures, Challenges, and more.SPrice $72.00Original Price $110.86Save $38.86
- HS Geometry Bundle for the Whole Year. It is not a complete curriculum, but you can find here a lot of materials to use throughout your year.Some products are seasonal, while others can be used at any time in the year. If you want your math lessons to be an unforgettable experience for your studentsPrice $40.20Original Price $57.44Save $17.24
Real Life Math Project - CREATE YOUR OWN SOAP. This project involves students working in teams to create their own soap.
They work on the project over an extended period of time – about 2-3 lessons.
Students will LOVE creating their own soap. Every choice matters, so they need to make choices wisely to design unique but not too expensive soap.
It gives your students the opportunity to develop knowledge and skills through meeting challenges, and solving real-world problems, and keeps students engaged.
What is wonderful about it?
They can work at their own pace and don't even realize they are learning.
Students take part in a competition and design their own prism-shaped soap. They have many different soap bases, sparkling paints, and decorations to choose from. However, they must stay within the budget and at the same time create a creative project.
At the end of the project, you can create real soaps with your students by ordering soap bases, decorations and molds from the Internet.
This project covers:
– surface area & volume of prisms,
– area and volume units (metric units),
– money management.
This resource includes:
- The editable PowerPoint™ version.
- The printable version in PDF.
- An example of a completed project.
- The Grading Rubric.
Click the GREEN STAR at the top of my store to follow me and be informed about my new products and sales. (or >> CLICK HERE)
Check out Inspire Math Matematyka for more resources.