This is a great power point to assist students in solving for areas of Pyramids and Cones!
* Students begin by defining a pyramid
* Students identify a distinguishing feature found on "regular" pyramids.
* Students illustrate and label the altitude of a "regular" pyramid
* Students learn to use the formula used to calculate Surface Area of a regular Pyramid
* When necessary, students employ previously learned information with the formula for the area of a polygon. This includes 30-60-90 degree triangle relationships and use of the apothem to find the needed information.
* Students define a CONE
* Students identify the characteristic base of cones.
* Students use and understand "slant height", "lateral surface", "base edges", and "lateral faces" in solving for surface areas of pyramids and cones.
* This power point is aligned with CCSS
* I have included a four question "follow-up assessment" to benefit students and instructors in determining student comprehension of the lesson.
* I am confident that students will find the lesson clear and manageable; instructors will find the lesson practical.
LOVE TO TEACH!!!