This bright and creative center is built around words related to surfing and the beach. Students will read the words on the slips and decide if the word has 1, 2, or 3 syllables.
As an extension, they can use the words to write their own surfing or beach sentences or story!
This center includes:
* a cover sheet explaining the center (with an example of what they are to do on the card)
* a sheet with 4 cover sheets on it so that it can fit onto a 4x6 clear photo box
* 3 sorting strips for the syllables
* 21 slips with surfing/beach words on them (2 sets - one with clip art and one without)
* an answer sheet to write their answers on
* an additional sheet to extend this center by writing sentences
* other additional sheets to extend this center by writing a story (there are 6 varieties of sheets - both boy and girl sheets)