These reader response questions are based on the expository text 'Survival at 40 Below' - in the Reading Wonders Book - Fifth Grade.
It has the following -
1. 3 pages of questions ( tri folds) in 3 columns/sections
2. Answer keys for tri folds
3. Summary writing plus writing prompt
4. Spider web - graphic organizer
5. Journal writing prompt and writing helpers ( pre-write)
6. Cause and Effect activity
7. Author's purpose activity
8. Draft sheet
9. Journal writing checklist
10. Publish sheet
11. Vocabulary sheet ( meanings and words match up)
12. Vocabulary / Synonyms and Antonyms circles
13. Organizational chart for writing prompt
You can use these activities during literature circles or in your centers, or even during guided reading.
The questions have components of Blooms Taxonomy and meet the requirements of the Common Core Standards.