Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
53.62 MB | 119 pages
Introduce your students to the various techniques that authors use to create suspense through a fun and engaging PowerPoint, also included as a PDF, along with various resources.
This resource pack includes everything you need to introduce, teach, practice, and assess student understanding of suspense.
**Handouts/printables come both with AND without Learning Targets and Common Core Standards listed directly on the PDF.
Here’s what you receive when you purchase this bundle:
* 49 Slide PowerPoint Presentation (also in PDF format) with 12 techniques authors use to create suspense as well as examples from popular texts and movies.
* Interactive Guided Practice to use during PowerPoint presentation. Each text example is provided in writing for students as well as space for students to answer all questions posed in the presentation. This allows students to stay engaged during instruction.
* Student Resource Guide (Notes Page) based on PowerPoint
* Exit Slip to use after presentation as a quick formative assessment
* 30 examples of suspense from modern and classic texts for students to practice with in 5 different formats to meet the needs of all students and classrooms
* 30 Numbered and Unnumbered task cards with an answer sheet
* 3 differentiated (leveled) worksheets with the same 30 examples
to meet the needs of a quick lesson or different learners in your
* 4 variances of a generic suspense graphic organizer that can be used with any literature text. These can be used to differentiate or to gradually increase rigor throughout the year.
* 12 Page Teacher’s Guide to Resources
Please see the preview for a better look at the materials. Feel free to contact me about any questions before you purchase.
If you like my resources, be sure to follow me by clicking on the star in the upper right corner! Thanks for checking out my work!