Sustainability Career Exploration STEM Challenge (Earth Day, distance learning)
Also included in
- One and DONE! This Middle School STEM Career Exploration Activities Mega Bundle spans a year's worth of fun, prep-free STEM career exploration activities ideal for students grades 6 to 10.Careers in science, technology, engineering, and math are lucrative and in high demand. Give your students thePrice $403.81Original Price $489.44Save $85.63
- A solid understanding of Environmental Science is critical for our next generation of leaders and innovators. Combine scientific understanding with career exploration in this Environmental Science STEM Lessons and Career Exploration Bundle! A good mix of in person and distance learning resources incPrice $37.97Original Price $48.94Save $10.97
- Explore STEM careers through this collection of 29 fun, self-paced Google Slides STEM Challenges! Upper middle and early high school students will explore a wide variety of digital media to explore STEM careers, create hands-on projects, and connect with additional resources to fuel their passions -Price $195.04Original Price $216.71Save $21.67
How can YOU help make the world a better place? The Sustainability STEM Challenge is a self-guided distance learning career exploration mini course for teens to learn what a sustainability analyst does, practice skills needed in fields of sustainability, and test drive the career through fun online activities. Delivered in interactive GoogleSlides and PDF formats, including:
1. online sustainability analyst career exploration resources including virtual job shadow YouTube video, career information sheet in English and Spanish, career focused 'test drive' activity, and reflection questions
2. short quiz with answer key
3. defining sustainability investigation (7 googleslides)
4. UN Goals for Sustainable Development mini research project (18 google slides) and link to optional Go Goals! Game
In this mini research project students will research the UN Goals for Sustainable Development, write a summary of what it is about, and find one example.
5. Sustainability Analyst Challenge with student friendly directions
Here's a glimpse of what this STEM Challenge entails:
"You are a Sustainability Analyst hired by the Environmental Protection Agency to analyze the sustainability practices of companies in your community. For this project you will find and ‘showcase’.....
6. project planning worksheets for students (3 page googledoc)
7. project rubric (1 page googledoc)
8. links to additional resources to explore careers in sustainability
This Challenge is provided as one cohesive Google Slides and PDF document with embedded links to corresponding online activities for easy uploading and sharing in your online classroom! All activities are designed to be completed independently using only simple materials and online resources, taking at least 4 hours for students to complete - a fun distance learning activity! A must have for Earth Day or any environmental science class!
Directly aligned with NGSS MS-ESS3-3 and TEKS.SCI.7.10.A.
More Earth & Environmental Science STEM Career Exploration Resources
- Environmental Science STEM Bundle
- Environmental Science Careers Webquest
- Seasons Lesson & Career Exploration
- Water Pollution STEM Challenge
- Intro to Ecology STEM Challenge
- Resource Availability Project
- Fish & Game Warden Game and Project
- Alternative Fuels Webquest
- Making Energy From Trash!
- and many more earth & environmental science STEM activities!
Want valuable download & go resources to help you effortlessly integrate STEM career exploration? Then get a copy of my FREE Quick Start STEM Career Exploration Kit!