Also included in
- A solid understanding of Environmental Science is critical for our next generation of leaders and innovators. Combine scientific understanding with career exploration in this Environmental Science STEM Lessons and Career Exploration Bundle! A good mix of in person and distance learning resources incPrice $37.97Original Price $48.94Save $10.97
A must have for Earth Day or any environmental science class!
In this lesson students will begin by taking an online Ecological Footprint test and assess sustainability of their own lifestyle. Students will then brainstorm ways to increase sustainability, and embark on a mini research project to explore 5 Sustainability Methods You Never Knew Existed using engaging mini TED Talks. Purchase includes:
1. 90 minute lesson plan written in 5E format (5 pages; PDF)
2. Student worksheet to scaffold the mini research project (3 pages; PDF)
3. 5 Sustainability Methods You Never Knew Existed presentation including video, embedded links used for mini research project, and slides for student answers (18 slides; googleslides format)
4. Exit ticket assessment with Claim, Evidence, Reasoning rubric
5. Extension ideas for early finishers/advanced learners
Directly aligned with NGSS HS-ESS3-4. Will take a minimum of 90 minutes to complete. Students can successfully complete this activity independently - a helpful distance learning resource.
You might also like...
More Earth & Environmental Science STEM Career Exploration Resources
- Water Pollution STEM Challenge
- Intro to Ecology STEM Challenge
- Resource Availability Project
- Fish & Game Warden Game and Project
- Environmental Careers Poster
- Sustainability STEM Challenge
- and many more earth & environmental science STEM activities!
Want valuable download & go resources to help you effortlessly integrate STEM career exploration? Then get a copy of my FREE Quick Start STEM Career Exploration Kit!