A great interdisciplinary unit that your students will love to work on (learning and have fun...who would have thought!). If you are looking to integrate math, ELA, science, and/or art together, this is the project for you! It allows them to practice research skills, conversions, drawing to scale, models, artwork, and learn about how we can work towards a cleaner future.
This project can be done in class, at home, or a combination (which is what I do). I have had students do the research in class and the building of the model at home.
In this packet you will get...
1. Project description
2. Project details and expectations
3. Resource page
4. Alternative energy research page (completed in student notebook)
5. Community plan research page (completed in student notebook)
6. Community plan page (used to help guide the written component)
7. Visual rubric with required elements
8. Community plan rubric with required elements
Its now available in PowerPoint so that you can change and modify to fit your needs in the classroom!
Let me know how it works for you!