Sweet 16 Spanish Present Tense High-Frequency Verbs Bundle Comprehensible Input
- Google Drive™ folder
- Easel Activity
What educators are saying
Products in this Bundle (4)
How to start Spanish 2 with brand new novice students hybrid, online, or with a mix of all formats?! Start your novice Spanish 2 class with HYBRID LEARNING with units focusing on the present Sweet 16 high frequency verbs (le da, le dice, hace, puede, pone, sabe, sale, trae, ve, oye, viene). This is the solution to the uncertainty of how the school year will start and will give you options for in-person as well as virtual learners.
(es, tiene, está, va a, quiere are found in the Super 7 unit). This is the second present tense distance learning unit for Spanish 1, perfect right after this distance Super 7 unit.
This new Sweet 16 unit includes pacing options for novice Spanish students for fully distance (a 5 week unit using 2 verbs per week), A/B schedule or week on/week off schedules (both about a 3 week unit using 4 verbs per week). It would also be a great way to start Spanish 2 or 3 as a review, with a little faster pacing. (Or for upper levels, check out the distance learning imperfect unit or preterite unit).
This Sweet 16 Hybrid Bundle includes the resources. Click on each for more details or see below.
- High Frequency Verbs Unit - Sweet 16 - present. (with in person handouts and resources, all in Google)
- distance learning version of high frequency SUPER 16 unit (new!) (all online Google Slides for distance or hybrid learning when needed)
- Find Someone Who - Sweet 16 - novice Spanish. (PDF for in class speaking activity, which using the TPT Digital tool can be assigned online as well)
This unit is designed as the 2nd present tense high frequency verb unit after the Super 7 unit 1.
The original Sweet 16 Spanish class unit includes:
- - A possible unit plan lasting up to 2 weeks
- - A 46 page Editable Google Slideshow with personalized questions, 11 brain break songs (one for each verb) with embedded videos and a mini story.
- - An open ended free write quiz
- - A student help sheet with each question in Spanish, English, 1st person response, and 3rd person description
- - An optional guided notes sheet (great for accommodations)
- - A story asking script & extension activity idea
- **Bonus - now includes storytelling videos & quizlets over the whole unit
- All of the above are editable Google documents.
This Digital Editable Google Slides Sweet 16 Spanish unit includes:
- - 3 possible unit plans w/ up to 5 weeks w/ 15-30 mins of distance learning per day, with both synchronous and asynchronous digital learning options).
- - A 112 page Google slideshow that is fully editable and able to share with students on Google Classroom.
- - 11 slides of vocabulary (one for each verb)
- - 29 slides of personalized questions using the high frequency verbs. There are 2-3 questions per verb, spread out each on a slide by request. (These could be used in synchronous special person interviews or asynchronous Flipgrid).
- - 7 slides of bonus video comprehensible story or authentic song videos with optional extensions
- - 11 authentic songs (one for each verb) with embedded videos & extension activity for listening practice.
- - 33 authentic jokes (3 for each verb) for reading practice
- - 11 open ended free writes (one for each verb)
- - A comprehensible story, story script, mad lib version & extension activity idea
- - 4 extra Quizlets to review the whole unit with all vocab, questions/answers practice & questions/translation practice.
- - Overall assessment ideas
- This is an editable Google Slideshow.
The Sweet 16 PDF Find Someone Who REVIEW contains multiple differentiated versions to fit a variety of class needs.
- Page 1 - questions with yo form of the answer provided - most basic
- Page 2 - write about friends with the support of s/he forms included - most basic
- Page 3 - questions (without yo form)
- Page 4 - write about friends & self with the support of a word bank
- Page 5 - write about friends & self - most advanced
A best selling Spanish Sweet 16 Bundle
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ This was so well laid out and planned. Not sure I could have done a better job. Thanks so much for all your work. Very engaging with both in class learners as well as virtuals. - Laura E (used with 9th-11th grades)
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ This was a great resource to get my students acquainted with the most commonly used verbs in Spanish. ¡Gracias! - Amanda G (used with 8th-9th grades)
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Such an amazing resource for teaching high frequency verbs! - Heather F
ACTFL World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages
- ✅ Interpersonal Communication - Learners interact and negotiate meaning in spoken conversations to share information, reactions, feelings, and opinions.
- ✅ Presentational Communication - Learners present information, concepts, and ideas to inform, explain, persuade, and narrate on a variety of topics.
- ✅ Interpretive Communication - Learners understand, interpret, and analyze what is heard, read, or viewed on a variety of topics.
Bundle up for the best deals possible!
Get this Hybrid Sweet 16 Bundle for the best deal on all of my present tense Sweet 16 resources all together including Sweet 16 - present original unit, plus this Digital PRESENT unit - Sweet 16 great for distance or paperless learning, and Find Someone Who - Sweet 16 review activity to prepare for assessments.
Or if you teach multiple levels of Spanish, the best deal is the High-Frequency Verbs MEGA BUNDLE which includes every single Super 7 and Sweet 16 Spanish resources in every tense including, these original unis Sweet 16 - present, Imperfect Tense, Preterite Tense & Future Tense, plus all digital version and accompanying review activities.
Have difficulty with a file?
- - This is a Google Resource & will be found in your Drive in a folder called TPT purchases.
- - Visit the FAQs section, submit a help ticket, or ask a question on the Q&A tab before leaving feedback.
- Follow my TPT store to see more!
- For more information check out my blog Mis Clases Locas & Blog post - How to Use High Frequency Verb Units
- Sign up for my mailing list to get free resources and inspiration delivered right to your inbox
Copyright © Mis Clases Locas
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.