This packet is a great way to introduce and reinforce sentence writing, editing, and composing in a fun way! The activities in this packet are great for differentiating instruction and for small group, center, and station work.
In this Packet...
1. Cut, Glue, Trace, Write (10 Versions)- Students cut out the sentences, glue them in the correct order, trace the sentence, and write the sentence. This is a great activity for beginning writers and also writers who need reinforcement in sentence concepts.
2. Cut, Glue, Write (10 sentence sets with one recording sheet)- Students cut out three sentences per recording page and glue them onto the recording sheet. They then practice writing the sentences.
3. Sentence Unscramble Center/Station- Students unscramble multiple sentences and record them on the recording sheet. Cut out & laminate the word cards for multiple uses.
4. Sentence Editing Center/Station- Students edit sentence cards and then record the edited sentences on the recording sheet. Cut out and laminate the sentence strips for multiple uses. Students can edit the sentences with cry erase markers and wipe it off the lamination when finished.
5. Silly Simple Sentence Center/Station- Students use a card from each part of a sentence (color coded by sentence part) to make a silly sentence. When they are done, they write the sentence and then illustrate it in the box provided to check for understanding. (Nouns, Adjective, Verbs) Laminate the sentence building mats and word cards for multiple uses.
Common Core Standards: RF.K.1, L.K.2, L.1.1, L.1.2, RF.1.1, L2.2