Swirl is an enjoyable way to have fun while practising the 8 Times Table and their inverse Division facts. An added bonus of this game is that it incorporates strategic thinking. Your students will have to try their best to outwit their opponent.
What you need:
1 game board
1 deck of game cards
How to play:
1. Place one counter on each of the rafts.
2. The youngest person goes first.
3. Players move any counter one, two or three spots along the ropes away from the sea monster.
4. Players draw a card from the card deck and give the answer to the algorithm.
5. If the algorithm is not known then the card is held onto by the player as an indicator of an 'algorithm to work on'
- Players may not land on top of another counter.
- Players may not jump over another counter.
- Players may not move counters backwards.
How to win:
The player who moves the last counter onto the rescue ship wins the game.
Don't Forget to Discuss:
- The need for students to develop a revision/ practice strategy which, 'works for them'.
- This game is a way to have a bit of fun learning content but it also helps you identify 'areas to work on'. What do you need to work on as a result of playing this game?
- What strategies have you developed to give you a better chance of winning this game?
Included in the Download:
- Game Rules and Teaching Ideas
- 24 attractive Division & Multiplication Cards
CHECK OUT MY MEGA BUNDLE!
- The package includes ALL
the Math and Literacy games currently in my store PLUS
every resource I create for the next YEAR
It's like a great classroom resource that just keeps on giving. :-)
CLICK HERE to see the Mother Load :-)