Syllable Division Strips Orton Gillingham
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This bundle includes three great resources for teaching multisensory lessons on closed syllable words with two and three syllables. This is a money saving way to get the materials that I use in my Orton-Gillingham type lessons with my students of all ages.There are games, worksheets, and word picturPrice $11.00Original Price $13.75Save $2.75
- This huge bundle of structured literacy resources will provide you with cards, lists, worksheets, decodable sentences, games, activities, and much more! These are perfect for Orton-Gillingham lesson plans. You will have plenty of materials to teach and review syllable division patterns as well as pPrice $24.19Original Price $30.24Save $6.05
- This is a great way to add syllable division practice to your centers or lessons. These hands-on engaging activities provide practice dividing words for reading and spelling. These are great multisensory activities for your SOR based class or tutoring. The kids love them!I've included syllable divisPrice $9.58Original Price $11.97Save $2.39
This is a wonderful multisensory syllable division activity that works well in an Orton Gillingham style decoding lesson. My students enjoy it and it is very effective in teaching syllable division patterns. Your students will actually cut (with scissors) words into syllables! This activity works very well with older struggling readers. I've also used it with small groups of first and second-graders.
To prepare this multisensory lesson you simply print out the strips and cut them into individual words. Each student will need two different colored markers or highlighters and a pair of scissors.
I've included words that follow syllable division patterns one (vc/cv), two and three (v/cv, vc/v), four (/cle), and five (v/v).
- Syllable Division Pattern reference pages
- Syllable division strips for all patterns--I include enough for several lessons
- Notebook pages for students to glue strips
- Recording sheet
You may also be interested in:
Two and three closed syllable packet
This packet provides more syllable division practice as well as lots of teaching materials for a unit on two and three syllable short vowel words.
Make sure to follow Blue Cottage Reading by clicking here ★ so you can see when more resources aligned with the science of reading are posted.
I love to hear your comments so, please take a moment to leave feedback. You can receive credit toward future TpT purchases by reviewing this product. If you enjoy this product, leave a review on this product page or through "My Purchases" under "My Account" at TpT.
Copyright © Blue Cottage Reading
Permission to copy for single classroom or single tutor use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.