Also included in
- Help your second grade students master phonics skills and spelling patterns with these engaging digital word work activities! These activities will help you…- Save tons of prep time (the games are all ready to play, no prep required!)- Quickly and easily differentiate word work by assigning differen$61.00$87.15Save $26.15
- Help your students master phonological awareness and phonics skills with these engaging digital activities! This mega bundle gives you access to ALL my Boom phonics activities (the Kindergarten, first grade, and second grade bundles), which means you can easily differentiate for a wide range of need$187.00$296.05Save $109.05
Help your students learn 3 of the syllable division rules (VC/CV, V/CV, and VC/V) and all 7 syllable types (open, closed, silent e, r-controlled, vowel team, diphthong, and consonant-l-e syllable types) with these digital phonics activities!
This resource is also a part of the complete second grade digital phonics bundle.
These activities will help you…
- Save tons of prep time (the games are all ready to play, no prep required!)
- Quickly and easily differentiate word work by assigning different decks to different students
- Get students EXCITED about practicing spelling, syllable types, and syllable division rules
- Hold students accountable for their independent word work activities
- Provide students with immediate feedback (no grading involved!)
- Stop worrying about students forgetting directions or not being able to identify pictures - audio directions and support are included!
The games were created on the Boom Learning℠ platform. They’re easy for young students to use and very versatile - they can be played on any tablet, computer, Chromebook, or laptop!
You do NOT have to download any apps in order to use these materials. If you would like to use an app, however, they are available for free for Apple, Google, and Kindle devices.
The bundle includes the following individual games/decks:
- Open and Closed Syllables Review
- VC/CV Syllable Division Pattern Review
- V/CV Syllable Division Pattern Review
- VC/V Syllable Division Pattern Review
- Silent E Syllable Type Review
- R Controlled Syllable Type Review
- Vowel Team Syllable Type Review
- Introduction to the Diphthong Syllable Type
- Introduction to the Consonant-L-E Syllable Type
- Mixed Practice 1 with VC/CV, V/CV, and VC/V Words with All Syllable Types
- Mixed Practice 2 with VC/CV, V/CV, and VC/V Words with All Syllable Types
Activities include: identifying the correct syllable type, breaking words up into syllables, and reading multisyllabic words (2-3 syllables). Audio support and directions are provided for every task!
What do I need in order to use Boom?
You will need:
- A computer, laptop, tablet, or Chromebook
- An internet browser that is less than 3 years old (OR the free BOOM app)
- A Boom Learning account (FREE!)
- An internet connection that students can use on a computer, tablet, or interactive whiteboard to access the games
How do I download or access these materials?
When you purchase this resource, you’ll receive a PDF download. Inside the PDF you will find directions and a link to click.
You’ll click the link(s) to add each deck to your Boom library (if you do not already have an account, you will be prompted to set up a free one when you click the link).
Why do I have to set up an account with Boom?
To use Boom Cards, you must open at least a FREE Boom Learning account (just like you have to have a Google account to use Google resources). Free accounts include the ability to generate student progress reports for 5 students and to make up to 5 DIY decks. Free accounts also allow you to assign Boom Cards to unlimited students (without progress reports) using the Fast Play pin option available in the Library.
How many devices can I use these games with?
As many as you like! One license allows you (one teacher) to use the games with all of your students. You can even assign them as homework if you like.
Want to try out some Boom cards before you purchase?
Click HERE to download a deck for free! You can also find complete previews of several decks by clicking the PREVIEW button at the top of this page.
Boom Learning: The Fine Print:
To use Boom Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards. You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with "Fast Pins," (play provides instant feedback for self-grading Boom Cards). Fast Play is always a free way for students to engage with Boom Cards decks. For additional assignment options you'll need a premium account. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our premium account. Read here for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial.